International Hearing Awareness Day—celebrated globally on April 25—is an annual event founded by the Center for Hearing and Communication in 1996 to raise awareness of the long term health effects of noise pollution.Read More
There are treatment options which can ease symptoms and make things more manageable for those that experience tinnitus.Read More
Jan 22, 2018 | Best Practices |
Hearing loss is one of the most prevalent conditions to affect the public. According to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), it’s the third most common physical condition after arthritis and heart disease.Read More
Oct 2, 2017 | Patient Management |
While the cost of purchasing a hearing aid may seem daunting, it’s a smart investment. Many of these benefits cannot be measured in simple dollar value alone, though.Read More
You likely don’t need to be told that the audiology business has become significantly more competitive in recent years. Hearing loss sufferers can shop for amplification devices online and at “Big Box” stores.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.