The way Americans seek, pay for, and gauge the effectiveness of medical treatment is changing, and hearing care professionals must take action to ensure their practices survive as well as thrive in the near future.Read More
Tag: The Hearing Review
Change is afoot in the hearing care industry. Big-box stores and other retailers sell hearing aids. Patients comparison shop online. If passed, the federal Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Act will add the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)’s regulatory stamp to approved OTC devices. As a result, hearing care practitioners have to decide whether and how to adapt their business plans. An obvious first step is to reconsider your service-delivery model. So,“bundling” the cost of hearing aids with the cost of treatment may no longer be the most productive approach. New Legislation The OTC Hearing Aid Act was reintroduced on March 20. It was...Read More
Jan 23, 2017 | Patient Counseling |
Approximately 35 million in the United States suffer from tinnitus. This article highlights best practices in managing tinnitus. It also provides a summary of tinnitus treatment tools to consider offering at your practice as part of your comprehensive hearing healthcare services.Read More
Do you need tips on what works best to boost sales at your hearing care practice–particularly in a market with competing forces such as lower-priced products at “big box” retailers like Costco or over-the-counter products online? These 9 tips should help you improve your hearing aid sales.Read More
Part 1: Hearing Review Editor Karl Strom presents results of a dispenser survey, sponsored by CareCredit.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.