Hearing loss is an unfortunate reality that many older people will have to face at some point. According to the National Institute on Aging, one in three people between ages 65-74 have hearing loss, and almost 50% of those older than 75 have trouble hearing.Read More
Tag: hearing loss
Jun 19, 2017 | Best Practices |
It may be difficult for patients to broach the topic of hearing loss with their doctors....Read More
May 1, 2017 | Patient Management |
Age, genetics, and exposure to noise are still the most common threats to optimal hearing. But hearing loss also can be triggered or exacerbated by a heart attack or stroke, a range of chronic diseases and conditions, and some medications. As a hearing care provider, you have a unique opportunity to learn about the “comorbidities” to hearing loss.Read More
In much the same way that technology has transformed the way in which people watch television, read news, and socialize, it has also altered the ways in which medical devices such as hearing aids have been designed and built to include features that are tailored to a modern user’s lifestyle.Read More
Have you gotten tearful calls from parents who learned their child has a hearing loss? You can take an active role in ensuring kids experience a brighter future by providing them timely hearing care or guiding parents toward resources.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.