According to a new survey conducted by Action on Hearing Loss, a UK-based hearing charity, more than 50% of respondents said they were fearful of disclosing their hearing loss in the workplace.Read More
Tag: hearing loss
The study—which followed 3,800 people over a 25-year period—showed a 21% increase in the risk of developing dementia for those who did not use hearing aids; there was no higher risk for those that did use hearing aids.Read More
Feb 5, 2018 | Knowledge Center |
Migraine—a neurological disease that causes severe head pain, nausea, sensitivity to light, and other symptoms—is the third most prevalent illness worldwide, affecting 12% of the population, according to the Migraine Research Foundation.Read More
Jan 22, 2018 | Best Practices |
Hearing loss is one of the most prevalent conditions to affect the public. According to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), it’s the third most common physical condition after arthritis and heart disease.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.