Being attentive to your hearing health is important, but it is even more important when you’re diabetic. According to the Better Hearing Institute (BHI), hearing loss is more common in people with diabetes.Read More
One of the major challenges of hearing care is convincing people to take preventative steps to protect their hearing before irreversible damage occurs.Read More
Jun 19, 2017 | Best Practices |
It may be difficult for patients to broach the topic of hearing loss with their doctors. They don’t know how, or when, to bring it up. And maybe they’re afraid that the doctor won’t take them seriously. Given the concerns that many patients have, it’s imperative that practitioners are prepared for these difficult conversations. Because taking the first step is important. Being prepared to address your patient’s concerns is also important. The Better Hearing Institute (BHI), the educational arm of the Hearing Industries Association (HIA), has released a digital flipbook for patients who may be wondering how to bring up the topic of hearing loss with...Read More
May 15, 2017 | Patient Management |
For hearing care professionals, there may be no greater source of personal and professional frustration than “tested not sold” patients. When your evaluation reveals the need for a hearing aid, and the patient leaves without committing to a purchase and ongoing treatment, your best opportunity to correct or minimize their hearing loss is gone.Read More
May 1, 2017 | Patient Management |
Age, genetics, and exposure to noise are still the most common threats to optimal hearing. But hearing loss also can be triggered or exacerbated by a heart attack or stroke, a range of chronic diseases and conditions, and some medications. As a hearing care provider, you have a unique opportunity to learn about the “comorbidities” to hearing loss.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.