As a hearing care professional, it falls on you to demonstrate how these devices can improve each patient’s quality of life. We have put together a patient-facing fact sheet to help guide you through that conversation.Read More
Manufacturers of assistive listening devices (ALDs) offer a wide variety of products. Your next patient’s individual needs will dictate the best options for them. Here is a brief overview of the latest technology on the market and when and where it is best applied. Telecoil Technology Found in many modern ALD devices, a telecoil is a small sensor or copper wire that picks up magnetic signals and converts energy to sound. They are designed to help those with moderate-to-severe hearing loss. ALDs work in combination with hearing aid-compatible devices, such as phones. They are also adept at eliminating background...Read More
Jun 12, 2017 | Best Practices |
Recent technological advancements have transformed the hearing care industry. Analog hearing aids are out. Digital processing systems are in. Patients like that new devices are more powerful and efficient than their ancestors. Many patients also appreciate the advanced functionality that they deliver. Don’t be afraid to geek out with your tech-savvy customers. Get them excited about their purchases. Educate them on the virtues of the latest trends in hearing care technology. Building an emotional connection between patients and devices can help close the sale. Creating excitement helps ensure they will return for the care they need. Let’s take a closer look at five of the latest trends in...Read More
Jun 30, 2016 | Best Practices |
Assistive listening devices (ALDs) may be a good option for patients who aren’t ready to admit they’re losing some hearing, and can be a way to win them over until they are ready to try hearing aids.Read More
- NEW WEBINAR: Building a Business with Physician Referrals
- Helping to Ease Waiting Room Anxieties: A Guide for Hearing Practitioners
- How Financing Affects Your Patient’s Credit
- Webinar: Four Things You Can Do to Improve Your Hearing Care Website
- HOW TO HANDLE CHALLENGING PATIENTS IN YOUR HEARING CARE PRACTICE
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.