Of the men with self-reported hearing loss, researchers found a 69% increase in dementia risk compared to those with normal hearing.
Category: Patient Management
Of the men with self-reported hearing loss, researchers found a 69% increase in dementia risk compared to those with normal hearing.Read More
Though public transportation is thought to be better for the environment in that it reduces...Read More
According to new statistics released by the Danish Health Authority, the number of Danes reporting tinnitus symptoms have increased over 25% in the last seven years.Read More
The study—which followed 3,800 people over a 25-year period—showed a 21% increase in the risk of developing dementia for those who did not use hearing aids; there was no higher risk for those that did use hearing aids.Read More
International Hearing Awareness Day—celebrated globally on April 25—is an annual event founded by the Center for Hearing and Communication in 1996 to raise awareness of the long term health effects of noise pollution.Read More
There are treatment options which can ease symptoms and make things more manageable for those that experience tinnitus.Read More
Because sound is delivered directly to the ear canal via earbuds and because there’s seemingly no limit to the availability of streamable content, there may be more opportunity for high-frequency hearing loss.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.