Of the men with self-reported hearing loss, researchers found a 69% increase in dementia risk compared to those with normal hearing.
Category: News & Events
Of the men with self-reported hearing loss, researchers found a 69% increase in dementia risk compared to those with normal hearing.Read More
According to new statistics released by the Danish Health Authority, the number of Danes reporting tinnitus symptoms have increased over 25% in the last seven years.Read More
For Alison Vega, AuD, CCC-A, FAAA, a career in audiology initially seemed rooted in practicality, but she quickly became enamored with what has now become a passionate undertaking. Like many young people grappling with the seemingly endless array of potential career choices during college, Vega’s path took a meandering turn along the way to job fulfillment.Read More
This year, Aronson’s Santa Clarita, Calif-based practice, Nola Aronson’s Advanced Audiology celebrates 30 years in business. Aronson also has a part-time office in Mission Hills, Calif, and recently purchased Audiology Services of Newhall, also in Santa Clarita.Read More
In much the same way that technology has transformed the way in which people watch television, read news, and socialize, it has also altered the ways in which medical devices such as hearing aids have been designed and built to include features that are tailored to a modern user’s lifestyle.Read More
As part of its 30th anniversary, CareCredit invites cardholders to enter the My Best 30 Sweepstakes, January through March 31, 2017, by visiting carecredit.com/mybest30. Eligible cardholders 18 years of age or older and residents of the US are invited to submit their story of how CareCredit has helped them. Thirty lucky cardholders will be randomly selected to win $1,000.Read More
At the Academy of Doctors of Audiology’s (ADA) 2016 AuDacity convention, held November 10-12 in San Diego, Calif, CareCredit moderated a panel of experts sharing insights and practical tips for success in running a hearing care practice.Read More
CareCredit Direct allows patients to apply for CareCredit privately in your practice, and get immediate information on the status of their credit approval. Approved cardholders can use their CareCredit credit card for same day services.Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.