In today’s shifting health marketplace, it’s difficult to know how many other out-of-pocket expenses your clients are dealing with when they walk into your office. Healthcare costs fluctuate on an ever-shifting balance sheet, at times, unpredictably. If your patient has other medical needs, hearing devices may fall into the category of “unnecessary expense.”Read More
Author: Christa Nuber
May 1, 2017 | Patient Management |
Age, genetics, and exposure to noise are still the most common threats to optimal hearing. But hearing loss also can be triggered or exacerbated by a heart attack or stroke, a range of chronic diseases and conditions, and some medications. As a hearing care provider, you have a unique opportunity to learn about the “comorbidities” to hearing loss.Read More
Apr 24, 2017 | Best Practices |
As far as you’re concerned, your hearing care practice has it all. Your training, skill, and experience. The latest technology and a friendly and efficient staff. Unfortunately, your offices might look a bit different from the perspective of a new or returning patient. When you think of all the doctors’ and dentists’ offices you have visited, what were the little things—good or bad—that you remember about your experience?Read More
Apr 11, 2017 | Best Practices |
In this video, Michelle Ahlman outlines three waiting-room tactics for optimizing your time, making a good impression, and educating patients in an entertaining and engaging way.Read More
Apr 10, 2017 | Best Practices |
As a hearing care practitioner, you have likely treated patients whose hearing loss can no longer be sufficiently addressed by hearing aids. Depending on the patient’s age, condition, and financial situation, they may be a candidate for a cochlear implant (CI).Read More
- on PATIENT FACTSHEET: 6 FEATURES OF MODERN HEARING AIDS Waterproof hearing aids? You must be kidding. There is no such animal. The battery needs oxygen to function and this must come from the atmosphere. Access to the atmosphere is crucial, and therefore the battery compartme…
- on ADDING HEARING IMPLANT SERVICES CAN GROW YOUR BUSINESS it is a fallacy that cochlear implants can replace hearing aids ! I have 4 patients who wear cochlear implants, and NONE of them have good prognosis with these devices. The latest micro chip powered hearing aids by Phona…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? Hi Svetlana, Thank you for your question! At this time, CareCredit does not offer a hearing aid leasing program. They currently offer a healthcare credit card that allows enrolled cardholders to take advantage of payment…
- on Ask an Expert: Do You Have Any Tips for How to Retain Patients? I was just wondering, if the CareCredit will be able to match or offer some kind of hearing aid leasing program like EPIC?
- on Ask an Expert: How Can I Differentiate My Practice from Costco? Thanks so much for your kind words, Rachel! I love being your hearing care provider, and am also happy to help out the hearing care community as a contributor to this “Ask an Expert” column.